CLICK HERE TO TRANSLATE into 25 languages






.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Beauty Where I AM Planted

.
.
.

Sometimes when I feel really... I don't know... I'll say 'funky' for
lack of a better word, I just go outside and surround myself with
beauty. I sit on my back deck and breath in Mother Nature.

A visitor

to my back yard may sit down, look around and see a small, mostly
barren yard, a shed, a trash dumpster and a dirt alley. A typical
setting in a largely working class area in a Midwestern town. You
might be inclined to think that beauty has escaped this place. That
couldn't be farther from the truth.

When I sit there I see so much

beauty that it sometimes takes my breath away.

I see the squirrels

running from branch to branch in an endless game of tag. I see many
types of birds singing light heartedly, in perfect harmony with
nature, without a care. I see the spider that has intricately woven a
web that glistens in the light, perfect like a snowflake. I see the
different shapes of the leaves on the trees, and hear how they
whisper in the wind. I see the tall, majestic sun flowers, that live
near the alley, stretching, reaching for the life giving sun. I see
the cat on the fence that walks along the top, gracefully, knowing
that he can because no one has ever told him that he can't. I see the
tree across the way that is living in harmony with a trumpet vine.
The two have created a beautiful mix of a green canopy speckled with
intensely orange blossoms. I see the sky, blue in the day, velvety
black in the night, speckled with infinite possibilities.

Everywhere

I look I see beauty, be it in the fruits of Mother Nature here on our
Earth, or in the pure Love, Energy, and sense of being connected to
All That Is, that I breath in from the Universe that surrounds us. I
find all of this and more when I sit on my back deck, with a small
yard, in a small town on the prairie.

My point is that beauty

surrounds us wherever we are, no matter the place or time, and can
always be tapped into for the relief of any 'funky' feelings we may
be having.

I know it works for me, and I thought I would share that

with you.


From KIM, posted on this yahoo group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lightworkers_Society/



.

No comments:

Share great, funny, inspiring, & enlightening content.